Friday 8 March 2019

DFI Session 2

More marvellous time to reflect and share with colleagues😄
What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
Discussion re Summer LJ-something to think about.
Use of digital technology based on evidence [Manaiakalani -Woolf Fisher data ] opens doors to such a wealth of learning.

Thinking about SAMR model in more depth and how I might identify some areas I could begin moving  from sub/aug to moderation  -things that can be turbo charged /amplified eg use of jamboard for planning, note taking, organising text.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
The more confidence and capability I can bring will enhance my teaching and learning.

• Share the slides with staff- provides a revisit for myself and may help reinforce new learning by having to provide explanation to group.
•Jo's idea of sharing lists for spelling so children can self manage pace/ learning programme-more than substitution, moving to modification?
• Look into Google on air
•  Google Keep - keep in mind as an organising option.












• Demystifying features of calendar
• Search function gmail

Great Tips Today
day -d, week w, month m, takes you back to today t ,  new calendar event c,  settings s, agenda a

Need more help with sorting calendar!! Eg. personal events  as opposed to professional events/memos.

• Using hang-outs [remember mute ]. I have set up a practice time with Maria. I have 2 Toolkit hangouts  booked next week.
I have previously used hangouts for Toolkits. Today I learned to join and record a presentation as part of collaborative group. Technical glitches [Quick time player would not function] . Downloaded app Loom[video recorder] as alternative. Techie issues with settings can be problematic. However we recorded and trimmed a short clip based on a SLJ post.

• Toby mini-organising tabs. Have set up 'Good Morning" -5 tabs I use everyday first up.


Following Session 1-simplifying systems. The idea of using one doc with a Table of contents / Normal text/ View Doc outline
Have subsequently attempted to create 1 doc for my Teacher Aide weekly planning using
Table of Contents. I was previously using 1 doc but just adding new week at the top. This is a more user friendly and efficient system for TA and I to collaborate on. We can revisit, review,  add our observations and keep as evidence of what is working, what needs changing, what we could do differently.


What did I learn that could be used with my learners? 
The word 'waffle' to add to 'omnibox'!

Creating hangouts - children could create presentations around the kawa of care principles.

SLJ response

Children creating own calendars.

OneTab

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Better use of my calendar.
Use of settings -gmail [see Settings cog]
Use of Google Keep - organisation app [ Similar to Notes]


7 comments:

  1. Talofa Robyn, The shortcuts in calendar are very helpful, two others you may not have experienced: y- year view and g- go to (and you select a date). The intensives are very full of information but I am happy to answer questions or find a way to rewind learning to help. It was good to see you see the benefits of creating a group in onetab 'Good Morning'. I find this helpful rather than having to search the tabs each time I want to use them. Remember even little steps is progress forward. Tanya Mundy @ https://tchingprofessional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Robyn,

    I was very impressed by your growth mindset and by the way you pushed through technical issues. As you identified it is always good to have a backup AND it is even more important to keep working through the issue. Often we as teachers abandon technology as soon as something goes wrong. I know you will be gaining confidence with using technology (just like I am) by working through the DFI. What a cool DFI cohort we have!

    Have a great week - see you on Friday! :)

    Kind regards,
    Herman
    https://gizzygeek4e.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Herman. Worked on docs / tables of contents/ titles / headings today. ��

      Delete
  3. Robyn, I was thinking of a way to help understand the different calendars. I thought about OHPs, and how each calendar is on a separate OHP that can be layered over the top, some we have created and some others share with us (even without our knowing). We click on the ones we want to see and are relevant to us and the others can be unchecked (making them invisible to the current calendar view or until we need that information). Hope this helps Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robyn
    like you ... another great day with DFI!
    Loved the tidy up aspects to our day with the focus on gmail and google calendar.
    I have de-cluttered my inbox and feel so good to be able to see the background now when opening email. Now to keep it that way and to action all emails immediately and either push delete of label it!
    see you Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Robyn,
    So great that you're thinking of how you can amplify your teaching/learning experiences more using the SAMR model. It's a great way to get ourselves thinking critically about our learning design.
    See you Friday
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Rob,
    Great to hear your voice coming through in the blog post. I even had a chuckle - The word 'waffle' to add to 'omnibox'! All adds up to being more digitally fluent!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.