Friday 22 March 2019

DFI 4 Dealing with Data

DFI 4
When embedding the chart image into my blog, by selecting interactive option I found I was  able to hover over each bar of the chart for exact data. You can Freeze [to prevent left column/top row moving. Tip: Drag Heavy grey lines on data sheet also Freeze. Use xxxx
 
What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
  • Viewing the video created young student Mele gives you insight into where digital learning can take us. Such empowerment from young voices.
  • Blogging creates authentic audiences-a must for the amplification we are looking to achieve.
  • Beginning with sharing with fellow classmates reading and giving feedback. 
  • Sharing and asking for help /feedback on half completed learning is a good idea especially for those children who never get finished. It might be a great motivator.  
  • Sharing with family, near and far. 
  • Next step could be Tuhi mai Tuhi Atu- sharing with children in other areas of NZ

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

  • Embedding into my blog[again] 😊
  • File -Publish to the web [or using three dots is quicker]
  • Command F will help you find your 4 xxxx
  • How to remove formatting
  • HTML - click on Compose first and write  word [Hi] this allows you to manipulate what you want to embed easier -then click HTML.
  • Google Sheets-format gives options. It is a good idea to duplicate your sheet in case you make an error especially if it is a shared doc. To prevent others messing with your sheet see tabs at base of form and 'Protect sheet' 
  • Google Forms- I can create a form, use multiple choice questions, short answers, paragraph, insert images [Practise Form]

What did I learn that could be used with my learners? 
Ask  children seeking feedback to be quite specific about the sort of feedback they are looking for. Eg. What do you think about my orientation? Does it give the reader enough info? Do you think I have varied my sentence beginnings enough. My goal was to vary the length of my sentences. Which sentences do you think work well? Can you suggest any better words for 'said'? 

Idea from Dave- write 3 ideas you have for your story and share. - ask peers for feedback on which you might use. Or pick a path idea- eg Should Tom jump the fence, go through the woods, or up spook hill?



Google forms- I was able to add questions, add images, [see practise form]

Try a questionaire -. Eg. Favourite holiday activity, place in NZ, add images 

import the responses onto a layer in mymaps.  

mymaps -see more in [ gsuite]

I will revisit maths plan from Geometry to Stats next week in order to use google sheets.
Allie shared use of screencast [see orange arrow icon]- a child could screen cast something they have learned and take class through the steps. Eg. Reinforce set up for a new doc.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

All of the above will support me in all of the above. I feel much better for  having had opportunities to revisit some areas that did not internalise last time. The group dynamic gives me confidence. Great team.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob, You've got some great ideas for how your learners can become more interactive with their blogs. Asking for specific feedback and which story ideas to follow. What a great way to get them feeling empowered and motivated! You've noted some great tips there too, and great work on all the embedding.

    Stef

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.