Friday 15 March 2019

DFI Session 3


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and
pedagogy?

We know creative skills help children become problem solvers, confident clear communicators and more able to work collaboratively and we need to be thinking about how we are enabling creative opportunities in our teaching and learning. Point in case-Pt England use of drones and the celebrating diversity of cultures. is not about doing something better than others, it is about thinking, exploring, discovering, and imagining" (Kohl, 2008).
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a
professional
  1. Extending skills with use of Youtube
  2. Google sessions with Brett Petrillo Brett Petrillo

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
  1. Use of you tube:
- How to create playlists

  Children in my class have been experimenting with Google Drawing -literacy and maths
based contexts. From today I can see so many possibilities for amplifying this learning.

2. More fun with google drawing - See 'About Me' on blog page.

3. I am creating a presentation in googleslides for our school pepeha, karakia,
my own pepeha.
We will revisit the school journal article -Pepeha so children can publish own to share.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my
personal life?

How to embed a post into my blog? - more support needed.

I am in the pit!!

Revisited DFI Day 1 Agenda -thank you Maria.

My class recently visited Kaiti Beach. We were looking at various seaweeds.
However discussion re Captain Cook, Young Nicks Head ensued and was of high interest.
Following session with Cheryl today using at the Explore tool,
I have posed some questions re Captain Cook. We will revisit the learning
using google slides and the Explore tool to share our findings.

Using tables to layout docs is an area I am working on with my class also.
Onetab extension is great.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Robyn,
    While you might be in the pit I can also see evidence of a huge amount of learning! The digital pepeha looks great.. the slides are embedded... and more.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, That's a great place to be in the pit (and to admit it)! We expect our learners to put themselves in the pit daily, so as a teacher it's important we're comfortable with that discomfort too, and can celebrate it.
    We're throwing a lot of information at you all in these DFI days, and you're doing a great job of sponging it up. And like with anything, the more you do it, the more fluent you will become. Also, great to hear that you're thinking up ways to integrate it all into your teaching and learning programme. Keep up the good work.
    Nga Mihi
    Stef

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.